World Pest Day took place on June 6th! CEPA has been in contact with its members and would like to share the exciting responses received.
- ANECPLA, the Spanish trained pest management association, released a video celebrating the WPD as the opportunity to raise global awareness of the importance of the environmental health sector in protecting public health. The video can be found here.
- The Italian association ANID recalled its support on social networks (here) to the WPD in its missions of raising awareness and informing citizens and local and national institutions about the profession.
- The association in the UK, the BPCA asked five pest technicians to take over the BPCA social channels, to show the world what a day in the life of a pest technician looks like in a video, to be found here.
- CS3D, the French association released a video (here) to thank all French pest control professionals on this special day.
- The Portuguese association Groquifar used this special occasion to commit to four actions during this year: recognising the work of pest management professionals; mandatory food safety for waste reduction; prevention as being essential; and the protection of the health of the most vulnerable citizens. You can find this communication here.
- In a video (here), the Dutch association NVPB warned of the hygiene and economic risks that pests can cause.